There has been much rave about the HCG diet program, leading to many who wish to lose weight, to be in two minds whether they ought to opt in for it or not.
If you are one among those who are uncertain, considering the pros and cons of this controversial diet program will help you make an informed choice. Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, a British Physician, introduced the HCG diet as a viable weight loss therapy.
This therapy combines HCG drops with a low-calorie diet to help boost weight loss.
If you are wondering what HCG is, it is quite simple â€“ HCG, or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is a hormone secreted during pregnancy, which helps controls metabolism. It has immense fat burning properties, making it a simple solution for those who want to lose weight easily.
How Does The HCG Diet Work
While HCG drops have had much rave and much weight loss success has been attributed to these hormonal supplements, they are not sufficient on their own to burn calories. They need to be complemented with a low-calorie diet, and this is what makes the HCG diet program work in its entirety.
Opting for this program means that you have to cut down your calorie intake to a great extent, to a mere 500 calories. Added to this are the HCG drops that boost your metabolism and help you burn fat at an elevated pace. Since you burn much more calories than you put into your body, you begin to see the results in a very short while.
There has been a bit of controversy revolving around the HCG diet program, especially with some medical professionals stating that it is not the right way to lose weight. This hormone is found in pregnant women for a purpose, and the daily dosage of these drops can cause many side effects for a person who is not pregnant.
Considering the controversy, it is good to consider the pros and cons of this diet before you start on it. Being well aware of the harmful effects as well as the benefits will help you make an informed choice.
Pros Of The HCG Diet
1. HCG drops are daily supplements that are injected into the body and have immense results. They offer quick results when they are used the right way.
2. These drops control hunger pangs and help you stick to your new low-calorie diet much easier.
3. Your metabolism is improved and you burn a lot more calories, faster.
4. It helps in detoxifying your body and burns fat that might have accumulated over time.
5. It is easy to take these drops and they do not need complex mixes and solutions. Dosages are simple and vary from person to person.
Cons Of The HCG Diet
1. Even if you opt for HCG drops that are approved by the FDA, you are bound to have some negative side-effects such as nausea, headaches and abdominal pain. In fact, these side-effects can even impact your menstrual cycle.
2. Working out is out of the question when you are on this diet.
3. You cannot take these drops on their own â€“ they need to be complemented with a low-calorie diet,
4. Not all medical professionals agree with the use of these drops, thereby causing a measure of controversy.
5. You need to be committed to stick to this diet. Binge eating and breaking your low calorie diet will set you back, and you will have to start all over again.
Being aware of the pros and cons of HCG drops will help you make an informed decision. While there are cons, many people have benefitted from this diet.
Of course, stopping this diet ahead of time will cause you to regain weight. The best way you can, however, experience permanent weight loss is to go the natural way, through exercise.